Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lazy Weekend...

Well, yesterday I intended to get on the computer only to print off some more reference photos for Nirvana, and ended up never getting around to actually doing anything with him.  Or printing the pictures.  So, in an attempt to make my procrastination productive, here's some photos from last fall.  I had the chance to visit the Minnesota State Fair, and I took a few pictures of a jumper class.  It seemed to be an adult class jump off, but I'm not sure as I missed the beginning.

Horse has just passed the timers to start the round.
 I have occasionally seen comments on model horse photo shows from judges about "jump is too close to fence".  Well, at this show there were three fences up against the arena wall.  Each of them was perpendicular to the wall.  You probably wouldn't want to do this with anything other than a solid wall, but feel free to use this as a reference next time you're running out of space for your photo setup.
 I wish I could remember which fences were # 1 and 2.  #1 may have been the dark green and white fence in the center.  3 is the green and white fan, 4 is the yellow, 5 I believe was the reddish "brick" one...
 #6 is the white picket fence, 7 and 8 are the brown with purple flower boxes along the far wall, and I don't remember how the numbering went after that.
 The blue and white jumps were a combination.
Action shot.  Unfortunately, this was the best one.

And on a slightly more random note, a week or two later, I saw this Amish buggy tied up across the street from a gas station in a small town.
You gotta get the boat to the river somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment